MJDS-5 - 5-Piece Junior Drum Kit Assembly Instructions:
Thank you for choosing this quality set from Cecilio. Use the instructions as a guide to help you assemble your new drum set. Please note that this manual is designed for a number of Cecilio drum sets. If you are unsure of what your drum set should be supplied with, please check with: www.greatmusicalinstruments.net. There are many parts that make up a drum set, but don’t worry, once you get started the process is very intuitive and fun.
1. Lay the Bass drum Shell (A) on a flat surface with the front side up. You can identify the front side by the location of the Bass Drum leg mount (B). The leg mounts are closer to the front side of the bass drum (furthest from the playing position).
2. The “logo drumhead” should be fitted to the front of the bass drum and aligned straight.
3. Place the drum head (C) (same diameter as the drum) directly on the top of the drum shell followed by the hoop (D).
4. Gently hang the claws (E) over the edge of the hoop, and line them up with the lugs. Take the longest tension screws (aka T-Rods), slip a washer on each, and insert them through the holes in the claws.
5. Tighten the screws into the lugs using your fingers two at a time, just enough so the hoops are secure, and no wrinkles are in the head.
6. Now you may use a drum key (F) to tighten the tension bolts in equal amounts (1 quarter turn each for example) until pitch and tone of the drum begin to sound. The tension bolts should be tightened in a star formation the same as when you change a wheel in a car (tighten the first bolt, then opposite bolt, etc). Repeat this process on the top and bottom of bass drum.
7. Insert the drum legs (G) into the leg mounts and secure. Sit the drum upright and adjust the height so that the front of the Bass Drum is elevated 1 inch off the floor and will not pivot. Be sure that the bass drum legs are secured and even.
8. To attach the bass drum pedal (H), place the pedal base under the bass drum hoop and make sure the clamp is over the hoop. Connect the footboard to the pedal frame. Tighten the pedal clamp by the wing nut under the footboard so that it is firmly attached to the hoop.
9. Insert the felt bass drum beater (I) and adjust so that the beater strikes the middle of the bass drum head (C). Tighten with the drum key.
10. Insert the rack tom holder (J) into the rack tom mount (K) on the bass drum and tighten the screw. Use this to adjust the height of the toms.
11. Slide each tom tom (L) on the left and right side of the rack tom mount.
12. Locate the cymbal stand (M). Insert into the cymbal mount (N) on the bass drum and secure. Unscrew cymbal topper (O) and one felt.
13. Place the cymbal (P) on the stand with one felt below the cymbal. Reattach the top felt and cymbal topper. Please note that the topper doesn’t need to be screwed down hard on the felt and cymbal and the cymbal should be free to move during play, its main operation is to prevent the cymbal from falling off the stand when struck.
14. After placing the heads and rims on the floor tom (Q) in the same way as you have attached the bass drum, insert the long floor tom legs (R) that raise it off the floor.
Snare Drum Stand:
15. Open the snare drum stand base (S) so that the three legs are flat on the floor. Align three cradle arms (T) provided, insert wing nut (U) into the hole and loosely tighten onto snare stand.
16. Place the snare (V) onto the cradle arms, adjust the cradle arms so it fits snugly against the lower hoop of the snare drum. Tighten the wing nut. When fitting the snare drum, the drum head with logo faces up.
17. Fold the Hi-Hat Pedal (W) down and loosen the hi-hat stand leg wing nut. Extend the 3 hi-hat stand legs (X) out so that the black pedal brace support (Y) is approximately 1 inch off of the floor. Unscrew the pedal holding peg (Z) from the bottom of the brace support, line up the holes from pedal base, reinsert the holding peg and secure with the bolt.
18. Remove the Hi-Hat clutch (a) by loosening the wing nut and pulling it up off of the hi-hat stand drive shaft (b). Place 1 of the Hi-Hat cymbals, concave side up, on top of the felt pad, metal washer and saddle (c). The adjustment screw on the bottom of the saddle adjusts the tilt of the high hat. Drum Throne, AKA Stool:
19. Open the drum throne base (d) so that the three legs are extended fully and flat on the floor. Insert the seat post into the block underneath the throne top (e) and secure. Adjust sitting height and secure.
20. Once seated, you can now bring the set together and fully adjust any heights and angles of the drums, cymbal, and stands to your liking. Enjoy!
Customer Service: 707.882.2414